Help Deploying HPC Clusters and High Performance Workstations
Did you know that Nor-Tech is known for easy-to-deploy HPC clusters and workstations? So what do we mean by this.
• We walk our clients through every step of the set up process and even provide a Quick Start guide customized for their cluster or workstation.
• Our engineers are always available. No more getting stuck on hold forever.
• Our engineers are familiar with each client’s specific technology—it’s very likely the engineer the client talks to for support will have been on the team that actually built that cluster or workstation.
Following is a rundown of our NT-EZ-branded suite of HPC support solutions—most are no-cost to our clients:
• NT-EZ Remote Visualization: Storage access too slow? With NT-EZ Remote Visualization, big data files don’t have to be transferred to the user’s location to be viewed for post processing. Only keyboard, mouse and screen bits travel to the user location.
• NT-EZ Storage Guard: This monitors cluster storage usage and alerts the user if available storage is reaching critically low levels. This keeps clusters stable and reliable. Without this feature, the client will run out of storage without warning causing the cluster job to crash.
• NT-EZ SATM (System Ambient Temperature Monitor): This prevents cluster failure due to excessive heat. SATM emails alerts to the client warning that the server room ambient temperature is too high. When the ambient temperature climbs above a preset threshold the cluster is gracefully shutdown.
• NT-EZ RCR Rapid Cluster Recovery/Bare Metal Backup: Run manual cluster backups or schedule backups seamlessly. This not only backs up the cluster data, but also backs up an image of both the data and the OS. In the event of a disaster the whole cluster software and applications environment can easily be recovered. This adds a level of reliability to our clusters that many competitors don’t provide.
• NT-EZ Remote Monitoring & Management: This provides an easy way for our clients to use and manage complex equipment such as a High Performance Compute Cluster without HPC expertise in-house. This service is provided on either a scheduled basis or an as needed basis. The scheduled service allows us to find and fix small problems before they become disasters. This service is sold in blocks of hours ahead of when the service may be needed.
• NT-EZ Open OnDemand© Plus: This delivers a GUI through a browser instead of only a CLI. Use NT-EZ Open OnDemand Plus instead of cryptic file editors and Linux utilities, which are not user friendly. Nor-Tech adapted Open OnDemand Plus to work with Open HPC our most prevalent Open Source cluster management suite.
We are continually evaluating additional areas where we can bring more value to our clients—not just HPC but also mobile devices, laptops and desktops.