Nor-Tech’s High Performance Technology for Aerospace Industries
High performance computing has made a significant contribution to aerospace engineering; in particular, leading-edge computational fluid dynamics (CFD) has fundamentally altered the way aircraft are designed.
Nor-Tech has been building technology for aerospace engineers for more than 15 years—clients include the FAA, one of the world’s largest commercial aircraft manufacturers, a leading-edge luxury aircraft manufacturer, and today’s undisputed leader in innovative aerospace design.
Our hardware-design and software-integration engineers know exactly how to develop cluster and workstations for projects that include:
- External aerodynamics
- Compressible flow
- Multiple reference frame simulations
- Heat transfer simulations
- And much more.
Intel’s Skylake Processors and Nor-Tech’s HPC Technology
Intel’s’ Skylake scalable processors are an especially good fit for aerospace applications. Reported performance improvements include:
- Up to 1.59x higher performance running in-memory SAP HANA workloads over the generation it replaces.
- SAP HANA certified to support up to 6x greater system memory on the new Intel platform for 4- or 8- socket configurations over the representative installed baseg of systems available four years ago.
- Up to 3.9x higher virtualized throughput and more VMs/server vs. Intel® Xeon® processor E5 performance estimate based on virtualization infrastructure consolidation workload.
- Intel Omni-Path Architecture (Intel OPA): Accelerated I/O.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extension 512 (Intel AVX-512) that can deliver up to 2x flops per clock-cycle peak performance capability increase (over AVX2).
- Intel QuickAssit Technology (Intel QAT)–hardware-enhanced security (crypto) and data compression offload–available as an integrated option.
- Intel Volume Management Devices (Intel VMD): Greater agility/efficiency for NVMe storage.
- Intel Ethernet: integrated.
- Advanced RAS (reliability, availability and serviceability)
If you want to see how much faster your current aerospace-related applications will run on Intel’s Skylake processors? Take advantage of our no-cost, no strings demo cluster. https://www.nor-tech.com/solutions/hpc/demo-cluster/.