Nor-Tech’s Departmental HPC Cluster 1707 for Workgroups
The perfect replacement for outgrown workstations, these versatile HPC clusters give individual departments the flexibility to control, monitor and protect workflow.
Nor-Tech’s Departmental Clusters are designed for organizations with a demand for shared, inter-departmental HPC. These clusters are housed in a secure, lightweight cabinet that rolls easily from room to room. The cabinets feature gridded ventilation for maximum airflow; quick-release side panels and doors allow for convenient maintenance. Departmental Clusters have an option to run on standard 120VAC 20-amp circuits, making them an extremely flexible HPC solution.
This cluster is a highly scalable, cost-effective way for individual departments within organizations to control, monitor, and safeguard workflow. At a price point starting at $21,999, this brings flexible HPC clusters within the reach of most organizations.
- Quiet operation – with special cabinet options
- Options available to run on standard power
- Premium components
- Available with and without open source software
- Fully configured and ready to deploy
- A set of custom references including manuals, topology guide, and Visio drawing.
- All cables are labeled with ID tags on both ends.
- A customized bare metal cluster recovery disk for disaster recovery.
- Shipped with Storage Guard and ambient temperature monitoring
- Your applications installed and ready to run
With significantly more computing power than a standard workstation, this departmental cluster make a lot more sense from a performance, financial and space perspective than continually adding more workstations. One departmental cluster will deliver results 3x faster than four workstations. Intelligent job scheduling makes better use of your investment in both cluster hardware and software application licenses.
The Support You Need When You Need It.
Nor-Tech is renowned throughout the scientific and academic communities for easy to deploy turnkey clusters and expert, no wait time support. This means that if you have a question, you’ll have the answer you need right when you need it. All of our technology is made by us in Minnesota and supported by us around the world.
“The cluster is in my office; from my desk you cannot even hear it. It’s an excellent solution for any office space.”
-Building Materials Manufacturer
Clusters are available with any of the following software installed and configured
- Windows Server 2016/2012 HPC
- Intel Skylake Scalable or AMD EPYC
- Open HPC
- Intel HPC Orchestrator
- PBS Pro Open and other Resource Managers & Schedulers
- Various Linux Distro’s including Red Hat, SuSE and CentOS
- Warewulf Cluster Management Suite
- Bright Cluster Manager®
- Mellanox & Intel Ethernet Fabric & OFED™
- IPMI management options are available
- Viz Cluster & GPU Accelerators
- Integrated Computer Aided Engineering Applications CAE
- ANSYS, Abaqus, Converge™ CFX, Altair Display Mgr, HyperWorks, Fluent, CFX, LS-DYNA, StarCCM+, many Open Sources application choices
- Matlab, R
- Intel®, Portland Compiler PGI®, & GNU Libraries