Nor-Tech’s Specialty Servers
Need a server with a specialized cooling, ruggedized, quiet, or cooling cabinet? We are highly experienced server innovators.
Nor-Tech has extensive experience with innovative cooling, fire-resistant, quiet, portable workgroup, and ruggedized server cabinet enclosures. For example, we created a portable datacenter for the FAA that runs completely sealed without overheating. And a portable office cluster, so quiet it is almost imperceptible.
Sealed Cooling/Fire-Protected Solutions
These mobile indoor/outdoor servers include up to 12kW (42,000 BTUs) of closed loop AC cooling sealed off from particulates. Applications include; multiple locations, remote locations, and emergency management. The high density version can cool up to 80kW (272,000 BTUs) or 40kW (138, 00 BTUs) of equipment in a single 42U rack. Both products feature:
- Redundant cooling
- HSSD/VESDA fire protection
- NEMA 4 IP66 welded enclosures
- Shock & vibration isolation
- EMI shielding options
- Seismic zone 4 ratings optional
- Encrypted security system with audit trail
- Environmental monitoring with IP control and GUI interface
One of the primary roadblocks to upgrading from a workstation to a server until now has been noise, which is an issue for any organization that needs to place a server in an office environment. Nor-Tech has solved this problem by introducing a low-noise server cabinet that makes the sound almost imperceptible. These servers feature:
- 28.5dBA Noise Reduction: They are up to 5 times quieter than a standard server enclosure.
- 7.2kW Heat Dissipation: Dissipated heat is equivalent to 7, single-bar electric radiators.
- Expandability: Can allow for future expandability.
- Portability: Equipped with castors.
- Compatibility: They work with all server configurations, including blade servers.
- Options: Add-ons include dust filters, ventilation systems, cable entry boxes, etc.
- A Range of Heights: Enclosures can accommodate 12U, 24U, and 42U.
Portable Workgroup Solutions
Workgroup servers, designed for organizations with a demand for shared, inter-departmental processing, are housed in a secure, lightweight enclosure that rolls easily from room to room. Workgroup servers run on standard 120VAC 20-amp circuits, making them an extremely flexible server solution. Features include:
- Fully customizable
- Lightweight, rolling enclosure allows for easy relocation
- Front and rear security locks
- Cabling management system
- Adjustable mounting rails
- Gridded ventilation for maximum airflow
- Quick-release side panels and doors for convenient maintenance
The ruggedized model of Nor-Tech’s award-winning Portable Server comes in a shock-protected rackmount enclosure that adheres to applicable sections of MILSPEC standards. Able to run up to 128 processor cores on just two 120VAC 20-amp circuits, the ruggedized portable server can go places where, until now, high-performance computing wasn’t realistic. The ruggedized portable servers come with various modification options as well as an optional shipping container with a rolling ramp for easy loading. Features include:
- Completely configurable
- Energy efficient; runs quietly with low heat generation, offering the highest available power at the lowest possible consumption
- Ruggedized chassis meets applicable sections of military standards such as MIL-STD-108, MIL-STD648 and MIL-STD-810
- Runs up to 128 cores on just two 120VAC 20-amp circuits
- Sturdy, lockable casters roll smoothly, even over rough terrain. They can be removed and stored inside the unit, allowing multiple units to be stacked
- Double continuous gasket system with automatic pressure equalization valve for optimal environmental protection
- Shock absorbers line the chassis, keeping the system protected from sudden impact as well as sustained vibration.
- Optional shipping container with rolling ramp is also available
WHAT SETS NOR-TECH APART FROM EVERY OTHER HPC CLUSTER BUILDER?
In a nutshell:
- We start with the right tools for the job such as HPC-class RAM memory and Enterprise/Datacenter hard drives.
- All clusters leave Nor-Tech already set to the client’s IP and DNS scheme; setup is plug & play at the client site.
- We ensure each cluster is fully configured and ready to deploy when it leaves our facility.
- We provide a complete set of references including user manuals, a network topology guide, and a Visio drawing.
- We label all cables with ID tags on both ends.
- We provide a customized bare metal cluster recovery disk.
- Every client is asked to log into their new cluster just after burn-in completion to verify operation and setup users.
- We assist clients with job script creation.
- Our clusters all ship with Storage Guard to alert clients before their clusters run out of space; and ambient temperature monitoring and protection to protect clusters in the event air conditioning fails.
- Our clients have the option of an onsite spare parts closet for minimum down time in the event of a hardware failure.
- We guarantee no wait-time support.
- Everything we sell is built by us in Minnesota and supported by us around the world.