Standard RMA Policy
30 Day return for credit on unopened parts. Products must be factory sealed in order to qualify for credit. Opened software is non-returnable, no exceptions. All special order items will be handled in accordance with the manufacturers’ warranties and return policies and may not be returned for credit.
1 Year replacement on DOA/defective parts orders, after the year, the customer is to contact the manufacturer directly for replacement.
3 Year system warranty on systems manufactured by Nor-Tech (parts & labor)
Merchandise Return Procedure (RMA)
Should a product fail during the applicable Nor-Tech warranty period, the following procedures must be followed in order for Nor-tech to better serve its customers. Failure to follow the procedure correctly could void the warranty and Nor-Tech would have no further obligations to the customer.
- Contact Nor-Tech technical support if you need assistance determining what part has failed. If you know what part you need please contact the RMA department at (952) 229-2095 or email@example.com to obtain an RMA number. Any merchandise returned to Nortech without a valid RMA number will be refused.
- Nor-Tech reserves the right to return any product unrepaired, without notification, should the customer ship the product(s) to Nor-Tech without the original parts installed or sold by the manufacturer or if the product is received with non-Nor-Tech supplied components or parts.
- Requirements for RMA processing:
- Ship defective product(s) to Nor-Tech with freight paid. Product must be returned to Nor-tech within 30 days of the RMA issue date or the RMA is void. If replacement product was cross shipped to the customer and the failed product is not returned within 30 days, the invoice for the replacement product must be paid.
- RMA number must be clearly marked on the shipping label. Please do not write on parts or original boxes. All products returned for credit MUST come complete with all accessories and documentation included and MUST be in the original packaging. Product must be returned to Nor-tech within 10 days of the RMA issue date.
- When shipping back systems for repair, please include a detailed note describing problem with the system. Include administrator username and password, not the domain username and password.
- Systems built by Nor-Tech must be packed complete and in equal to, or better than the original packaging (improper packaging may void warranty). Do not use retail boxes for shipping.
- The following information must be provided when requesting an RMA number:
- System serial number or original invoice number.
- Nor-tech item number and product serial number.
- Detailed reason for return.
- Nor-Tech will repair, replace, or substitute with equal or higher level products, the defective products at its own discretion when performing service work. Nor-Tech will take no responsibility for any data on hard drives or data lost due to a product failure or service performed. The customer must complete backups of data prior to the return of products. Products must be returned in original condition without customer markings or stickers. If returned systems are found to be functioning properly, or the problem is a result of customer/end user added items, customer may be charged for a minimum of $40.00 bench charge for service, plus $35.00 for each additional half-hour, to the nearest half-hour.
- If components returned for advance replacement are found to be functioning properly, customer may be charged full purchase price of the advance shipped item and have the original item returned, or may be charged a minimum 15% restocking fee. All components in for replacement found to be functioning properly will be returned to the
customer in the condition it was received.
- Some manufacturers require warranty replacement or service work be done directly through the manufacturer. Monitor manufacturers, HP, Compaq, Lenovo, Dell, and valid warranty beyond the initial Nor-Tech covered warranty period, such as hard drives, are examples of direct manufacturer warranty situations.
- Items returned to Nor-Tech outside the warranty period or not original purchased from Nor-Tech will be returned without being replaced or repaired. For currently available components in for replacement, please return only the item in question. For all other items or system, you must include all original drivers, cables, manuals, etc. Check with your Nor-Tech customer service representative for full details. All Tray CPU’s carry a 60-day warranty from Nor-tech with the remainder of any warranty to be handled direct with the manufacturer.
- Memory purchased from Nor-Tech carries a lifetime warranty through Nor-Tech. Due to volatility in the pricing of CPU’s and memory, any credit will be issued at current market value or price paid, whichever is less.
- The manufacturer handles monitor warranties directly. Any monitor warranty handled by Nor-Tech must be in original manufacturer’s packaging. A $30.00 surcharge will be added to monitors sent to Nor-Tech not in the original manufacturer’s packaging.
- Customers who do not comply with the above requirements will delay RMA processing and may be subjected to a service charge and/or could therefore void Nor-Tech’s warranty as it applies to the items returned to Nor-Tech. Replacement or repair will be made when returned merchandise is received. Advance replacement will be made upon request at the sole discretion of Nor-Tech.
Alterations, Modifications, and Attachments
Any alterations, additions, improvements, or attachments to the product(s) not authorized in writing by Nor-Tech shall be solely at the customer’s own expense and risk. If the operation of the product(s) is affected in any way by alterations, improvements, modifications, or installation, the warranty shall be deemed waived by the customer, and Nor-Tech shall have no further obligation to the customer.
The RMA department must be notified within 48 hours of receipt of damaged product. Please inspect all orders/RMA’s properly. All products returned to the RMA department that is received with physical damage due to improper packaging, handling, or abuse voids the manufacturer’s warranty and will be returned. CPU’s or motherboards with cracks, missing pins, burnt or bent pins will be assumed to have been damaged by the customer and sent back. The customer shall be held responsible for all parts with customer induced damage.
If you do not receive all the items listed on the packing slip, please contact the RMA department within 2 days of receipt so the issue can be tracked down and resolved.
Return for Credit
- All sales returns must be processed through Nor-Tech RMA department. An RMA number must first be issued for all credit returns. To receive credit, product(s) must be returned within 30 days from the original invoice date and may be subject to a restocking fee of 15% of the total
invoice price. Software that has been opened is non-returnable, no exceptions. All special order items will be handled in accordance with the manufacturers’ warranties and return policies and may not be returned for credit.
- Any merchandise returned for credit will not be accepted unless it is unused and is returned with all original items and accessories, without any marking on products or the outside of the original packaging.
- All shipping and service charges are non-refundable. Read warranty statement and RMA request form or contact Nor-Tech’s RMA department directly for full warranty and return information.
- Nor-Tech will not warranty any product subjected to improper freight handling/shipping, abuse, neglect, or unauthorized repair or installation. Also, the warranty will not cover product(s) installed with non-Nor-Tech components or product(s) with broken warranty seals or assembly trace. Nor-Tech reserves the right to request the total cost of the replacement product(s) or the product(s) itself if later to be found physically damaged by the customer.
- Defective items returned to Nor-Tech after 30 days of the invoice date, but within Nor-Tech’s applicable warranty period will be processed in accordance with Nor-Tech’s RMA procedures herein described.
Lead Time of Service
All replacements are subject to stock availability and are generally processed within 72 hours of receipt. Substitutions of equal value and quality may be made in instances where an exact replacement cannot be done. In certain cases, lead time will be extended as a replacement is waited upon from the manufacturer. All shipments returned to the customer will be by UPS or Fed Ex Ground. The customer is responsible for the difference in freight charges if the shipping instructions require express delivery.
- Non- Nor-Tech warranty service work will be subject to a minimum of 1 hour at Nor-Tech’s current hourly labor rate. Nor-Tech reserves the right to refuse servicing any non-warranty work or non- Nor-Tech products.
- Product(s) returned without defects may be subject to a restocking fee; systems returned without defects will be charged a $40.00 fee for service, plus $35.00 for each additional half-hour to the nearest half-hour, and may also be billed a $15.00 handling fee and freight plus COD charges.
- A refused shipment may be subject to a $15.00 handling fee plus freight and COD charges. $25.00 will be charged for each returned check. Nor-Tech reserves the right to charge 18% interest per annum (1.5% per month, or 0.05% per day) for past due account balance.
- Nor-Tech’s hourly labor rate is $70.00 per hour billed to the nearest halfhour with a minimum $40.00 bench charge.
- Warranty policy is not extended beyond the original purchaser.
- Cross-shipment of warranty replacement components for Nor-Tech built systems is done at the sole discretion of Nor-Tech and is subject to prior credit arrangements with Nor-Tech.
- Special order items are non-cancelable and may not be returned for credit.
- Nor-Tech retains a security interest on the merchandise stated above.
The rights and obligations of the parties hereto shall be construed and enforced in the state of Minnesota and in accordance with the laws of the state of Minnesota.
- The customer agrees to pay to Nor-Tech all costs related to the collection of any sum due, including overhead allocated to employee effort and collection fees, legal fees, court costs, expenses incurred, and reasonable
- This document constitutes the entire agreement between the customer and Nor-Tech. it is intended as a complete and exclusive statement of the terms used in this agreement and no course of prior dealing between the parties and usage of trade shall be relevant to supplement or explain any item used in this agreement. No agent, employee or representative of Nor-Tech has any authority to bind Nor-Tech to any affirmation, presentation, or warranty concerning the product(s) sold under this agreement, unless the same is included within this written agreement. This agreement may be modified or rescinded only by a written instrument signed by the parties hereto or by their duly authorized agents. Waiver by Nor-Tech of any provision hereof in one instance shall not constitute a waiver as to any other instance.
- Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
- ACER Customer Service/Tech Support: 1-800-816-2237
- ASUS Customer Service/Tech Support: 1-510-739-3777 ext. 5110
- Hewlett Packard (HP) Customer Service/Tech Support: 800-HP-INVENT or 800-474-6836
- Lenovo/IBM Customer Service/Tech Support: 1-800-IBM-4YOU (1-800-426-4968)