Portable Clusters, high-performance mobile supercomputing
With a portable cluster by Nor-Tech, power, possibility and potential can travel anywhere.
Ushering in a new era of onsite, high-performance computing, Portable Clusters by Nor-Tech are highly ruggedized and extremely mobile. The portable HPC clusters are lightweight and available in military shock mounted 19″ rackmount cases that adhere to MIL-SPEC standards. The mobile clusters run cool, save energy and are able to operate up to 128 processor cores on just two 120VAC 20-amp circuits.
It’s a high-performance solution that can tackle any global challenge in today’s computing environment.
Benefits of a Portable Cluster over large data clusters
- Cost of Ownership is reduced: less cooling = lower power consumption
- Because of the relatively low initial purchase price the funding complexities are much reduced versus a large cluster.
- Shorter queue wait times, smaller user groups
- Departmental or individual use means fewer security vulnerabilities.
Clusters are available with any of the following software installed and configured:
- Windows Server 2008/HPC
- Various Linux Distro’s of CentOS, RHEL, SUSE, Fedora Core, etc.
- Warewulf Cluster Management Suite
- Rocks Cluster Management Suite
- Sun Grid Engine
- MPI, MPICH
- InfiniBand Intra-cluster Networking
- Mryinet Intra-cluster Networking
- Viz Cluster options are available
- IPMI management options are available