Nor-Tech has innovated a series of specialty mobile servers designed to accommodate a variety of environments that require more than just traditional servers.
Organizations that cannot accommodate traditional servers, for whatever reason should contact us. I can guarantee that we either have a solution or our engineering staff can devise one”— David Bollig, Nor-Tech President & CEO
MINNEAPOLIS, MN, U.S., July 25, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — MINNEAPOLIS— Nor-Tech has innovated a series of specialty mobile servers designed to accommodate a variety of environments that require more than just traditional workstation and HPC servers. They have developed and configured servers for a wide variety of applications, including projects funded by the FAA, NSF, NIH and DARPA.
Nor-Tech President and CEO David Bollig said, “Many of the innovative servers we have designed originated in the unique requirements of clients. So we encourage organizations that cannot accommodate traditional workstations or HPC clusters, for whatever reason, to contact us. I can guarantee that we either have a solution or our engineering staff can devise one.” The following specialty servers are examples.
Sealed Cooling/Fire Protected Solutions: These mobile indoor/outdoor servers include up to 12kW (42,000 BTUs) of closed loop AC cooling sealed off from particulates. Applications include; multiple locations, remote locations, and emergency management. The high density version can cool up to 80kW (272,000 BTUs) or 40kW (138, 00 BTUs) of equipment in a single 42U rack. Both products feature:
• Redundant cooling
• HSSD/VESDA fire protection
• NEMA 4 IP66 welded enclosures
• Shock & vibration isolation
• EMI shielding options
• Seismic zone 4 ratings optional
• Encrypted security system with audit trail
• Environmental monitoring with IP control and GUI interface
Quiet Solutions: One of the primary roadblocks to upgrading from a workstation to a cluster until now has been noise, which is an issue for any organization that needs to place a server in an office. Nor-Tech has solved this problem by introducing a server that delivers about the same noise level as a printer in standby mode. These servers feature:
• 28.5dBA Noise Reduction: They are up to 5 times quieter than a standard server enclosure.
• 7.2kW Heat Dissipation: Dissipated heat is equivalent to 7, single-bar electric radiators.
• Expandability: Can allow for future expandability.
• Portability: Equipped with castors.
• Compatibility: They work with all server configurations, including blade servers.
• Options: Add-ons include dust filters, ventilation systems, cable entry boxes, etc.
• A Range of Heights: Enclosures can accommodate 12U, 24U, and 42U.
Portable Workgroup Solutions: Workgroup servers, designed for organizations with a demand for shared, inter-departmental processing, are housed in a secure, lightweight enclosure that rolls easily from room to room. These servers run on standard 120VAC 20-amp circuits, making them an extremely flexible server solution. Features include:
• Fully customizable
• Lightweight, rolling enclosure allows for easy relocation
• Front and rear security locks
• Cabling management system
• Adjustable mounting rails
• Gridded ventilation for maximum airflow
• Quick-release side panels and doors for convenient maintenance
Ruggedized Solutions: The ruggedized model of Nor-Tech’s award-winning portable server comes in a shock-protected rackmount enclosure that adheres to applicable sections of MILSPEC standards. Able to run up to 128 processor cores on just two 120VAC 20-amp circuits, the ruggedized portable server can go places where, until now, high-performance computing wasn’t realistic. The ruggedized portable servers come with various modification options as well as an optional shipping container with a rolling ramp for easy loading. Features include:
• Completely configurable.
• Energy efficient; runs quietly with low heat generation, offering the highest available power at the lowest possible consumption.
• Ruggedized chassis meets applicable sections of military standards such as MIL-STD-108, MIL-STD648 and MIL-STD-810.
• Runs up to 128 cores on just two 120VAC 20-amp circuits.
• Sturdy, lockable casters roll smoothly, even over rough terrain. They can be removed and stored inside the unit, allowing multiple units to be stacked.
• Double continuous gasket system with automatic pressure equalization valve for optimal environmental protection.
• Shock absorbers line the chassis, keeping the system protected from sudden impact as well as sustained vibration.
• Optional shipping container with rolling ramp is also available.
For more information visit http://www.nor-tech.com/solutions/specialty-servers/
Nor-Tech is on CRN’s list of the top 40 Data Center Infrastructure Providers—joining ranks with IBM, Dell, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and Lenovo. The company is renowned throughout the scientific, academic, and business communities for easy to deploy turnkey servers and expert, no wait time support. All of Nor-Tech’s technology is made by Nor-Tech in Minnesota and supported by Nor-Tech around the world. In addition to HPC servers, Nor-Tech’s custom technology includes workstations, desktops, and servers for a range of applications including CAE, CFD, and FEA. Nor-Tech engineers average 20+ years of experience and are responsible for significant high performance computing innovations. The company has been in business since 1998 and is headquartered in Burnsville, Minn. just outside of Minneapolis. To contact Nor-Tech call 952-808-1000/toll free: 877-808-1010 or visit http://www.nor-tech.com. Full release at: http://www.nor-tech.com/category/news/. Media Contact: Jeanna Van Rensselar, Smart PR Communications; firstname.lastname@example.org.