Nor-Tech Innovates Ruggedized Portable Custom Supercomputer for CAE and other Applications
Nor-Tech just designed a portable easy-to-deploy HPC cluster. The ruggedized portable cluster brings supercomputing capacity to locations where HPC couldn’t go before.
MINNEAPOLIS (PRWEB) October 13, 2015
Nor-Tech (Northern Computer Technologies), the leading provider of people friendly custom supercomputers, just designed a portable easy-to-deploy HPC cluster. The ruggedized portable cluster brings supercomputing capacity to locations where HPC couldn’t go before.
One of the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers has already taken advantage of the innovative cluster. Others include oil and gas services firms (worldwide), major research universities, and the U.S. military.
Nor-Tech President and CEO David Bollig said, “This is ideal for any application that involves gathering and preprocessing data at various sites—where the cluster needs to be moved from site to site. For dust and particle conditions we build the cluster with a completely sealed case. It’s also perfect for remote applications that lack the infrastructure necessary for traditional HPCs.” Features and benefits include:
- The completely configurable cluster is energy efficient and runs quietly with low heat generation, offering the highest available power at the lowest possible consumption—up to 128 cores on just two 120VAC 20-amp circuits.
- The ruggedized chassis meets applicable sections of military standards such as MIL-STD-108, MIL-STD648, and MIL-STD-810.
- There is a double continuous gasket system with an automatic pressure equalization valve for optimal environmental protection.
- Shock absorbers line the chassis, keeping the system protected from sudden impact as well as sustained vibration.
- Sturdy, lockable casters roll smoothly–even over rough terrain–and can be removed and stored inside the unit.
- End caps seal the unit while in transit and allow easy access to the components from both sides when removed. Users roll it out of the crate, detach the two end caps, and plug it in almost anywhere power is available.
- The case is made of lightweight and strong aircraft-grade aluminum and can be individually branded with a logo and/or graphics.
- It can be configured with a variety of operating systems.
- Options include a shipping container with a rolling ramp.
“This is just as scalable as any other supercomputer,” Bollig explained. “The cabinets have interlocking features on the top and bottom and are made to be stacked. And, importantly, we designed the entire unit so that it can be moved by one person.”
Portable cluster rackmount cases are available in both commercial and military configurations with a variety of optional features to accommodate components. Other add-ons improve component organization and expand the functionality of the rackmount cases.
Nor-Tech has also offers personal clusters with the same power and versatility of ruggedized portable clusters. They are geared toward more conventional applications such as university labs, corporate offices, and digital effects facilities.
Winner of Microsoft’s prestigious Most Valuable System Builder Partner award and a 2015 HPCwire Readers’ Choice Award finalist, Nor-Tech (Northern Computer Technologies) is an industry-leading technology builder and reseller best known for providing turnkey, people-friendly high performance computing (HPC) solutions and Ansys/Dassault HPC integration. In addition to HPCs, their custom technology includes workstations, desktops, and servers for a range of sectors including computer-aided engineering (CAE) and computer-aided design (CAD). Nor-Tech’s engineers average 20+ years of experience. They have been in business since 1998 and are headquartered in Burnsville, Minn. just outside of Minneapolis. Clients include some of the largest organizations in the world. To contact Nor-Tech call 952-808-1000/toll free: 877-808-1010 or visit https://www.nor-tech.com.
Full release at: https://www.nor-tech.com/category/news/