Innovative HPC Solutions from Nor-Tech
Nor-Tech’s groundbreaking HPC Solutions have been at the forefront of innovation for more than a decade.
Nor-Tech offers a variety of HPC clusters, including standard 42U rackmount clusters, GPU clusters and visualization clusters, as well as the award-winning Portable Cluster. Nor-Tech has developed and built clusters for a wide range of scientific applications, including projects funded by the NSF, NIH and DARPA. Check out our library of Case Studies for more on these exciting projects.
Recently, Nor-Tech has led the charge in the development of GPU/CUDA/OpenCL Clusters, and worked with other innovators to improve benchmarking software for GPUs.
Nor-Tech’s HPC clusters are changing the world through…
- The detection of the first gravitational wave that ultimately confirmed Einstein’s Theory of Relativity
- The discovery of the origin of the universe through the study of cataclysmic astrophysical events involving exploding stars and black holes
- The search for Alzheimer’s and PTSD cures
- Research into Type II Diabetes
- The design and ultimate development of a futuristic transportation system
- The successful development of cars that fly
- The design and development of the world’s fastest luxury airplanes
- The design and development of a revolutionary combustion motor
- Research into hydropower and wind energy
- The exploration of oil and gas fields through onsite field data analysis
- Weather research and forecasting
- Research into nucleation and crystallization
- Research into the reduction of aircraft noise and airline safety
- The development of molecular computational methods and reactive processes
- Research into the stabilization and formulation of biopharmaceuticals
Maintain Your HPC Software Stack with
Highly-parallel Processing for Unparalleled Discovery
Intel® Software Development Tools
Enhance your application for Intel architecture
Nor-Tech Personal Cluster Model 1807
Custom Configured with OpenHPC Cluster Management Suite & Job Scheduler | Personal Cluster Model 1807
Clusters are available with any of the following software installed and configured:
- Windows Server 2019/HPC
- Various Linux Distro’s of CentOS, RHEL, SUSE, Fedora Core, Ubuntu etc.
- OpenHPC Cluster Management Suite
- PBS Pro/Open
- Bright Cluster Manager
- MPI, MPICH
- InfiniBand Intra-cluster Networking
- Viz Cluster options are available
- IPMI management options are available
WHAT SETS NOR-TECH APART FROM EVERY OTHER HPC CLUSTER BUILDER?
In a nutshell:
- We start with the right tools for the job such as HPC-class RAM memory and Enterprise/Datacenter hard drives.
- All clusters leave Nor-Tech already set to the client’s IP and DNS scheme; setup is plug & play at the client site.
- We ensure each cluster is fully configured and ready to deploy when it leaves our facility.
- We provide a complete set of references including user manuals, a network topology guide, and a Visio drawing.
- We label all cables with ID tags on both ends.
- We provide a customized bare metal cluster recovery disk.
- Every client is asked to log into their new cluster just after burn-in completion to verify operation and setup users.
- We assist clients with job script creation.
- Our clusters all ship with Storage Guard to alert clients before their clusters run out of space; and ambient temperature monitoring and protection to protect clusters in the event air conditioning fails.
- Our clients have the option of an onsite spare parts closet for minimum down time in the event of a hardware failure.
- We guarantee no wait-time support.
- Everything we sell is built by us in Minnesota and supported by us around the world.